When I started blogging, I didn’t know much (and by much I mean I didn’t know anything) about what being a blogger involves. As a fairly new Blogger, I had seen other Bloggers on Twitter mentioning The Liebster Blog Award but I didn’t really know what it was. I thought “Oh it must be for bloggers with a ton of followers“. Now this is me opening my twitter and receiving a surprise nomination.
So, if like me you are thinking, “What the heck is a Liebster Blog Award?”, let me tell you!
After a quick google search, I discovered that The Liebster Blog Award is an award given to bloggers by other bloggers. It’s basically a way to get to know other Bloggers and provide a bit of exposure to new Blogs (cuz’ we have to stick together #bloggerssupportingbloggers) and a way for new bloggers to be encouraged to continue their blogging journey! On top of that, it’s a great way to get to know the face behind a blog a little bit better. When nominated for The Liebster Blog Award, you are given a set of questions to answer by the Blogger who nominated you. Then you nominate a few Bloggers and pass a set of questions along to them. It’s really a lot of fun! 🙂 So let’s get to it with the set of questions I’ve been asked about myself…
What inspired you to start a blog and what is your blog about?
I’ve had a passion for all things fashion and style since forever. I had so much creativity bottled up inside and I could never find a good enough way to express it until I saw an Instagram picture from Laura (A queen by all rights), then I also checked her blog and that’s when I knew that I should start a blog. My blog (All Things Ayo) is how I interpret fashion and style. It is about expressing my creativity, feelings, inspirations and passions through fashion.
How did you find your initial blogging journey?
My blogging journey has just started and it’s been an awesome ride so far.
If you could morph into one animal, what would it be?
*laughs awkwardly* I have absolutely no idea.
If you were given one (1) wish to be granted this week what would it be?
This wish came at a perfect time. I’m broke right now (Like I’m not always broke😂😂) so my wish would be to have enough money to take care of myself and my family.
What are three (3) things on your bucket list?
- To live in a country where there are so many opportunities to connect with other bloggers.
- To spend the holiday in Brazil and Ibiza cuz’ Sun, Beach and Sun.
- To travel to UK.
Who’s your favorite character?
That’s a tough question cuz I’m a real tv junkie so I have so many favorite characters, from Scott Mccall and Stiles Stilinski in Teen Wolf, to Stewie Griffin in Family Guy, to Kurosaki Ichigo in Bleach. I am also a book junkie and my all time Favorite book characters are the Lords of the Underworld in Lords of the Underworld book series by my favorite author, Gena Showalter.
If you could star in any movie what would it be?
Teen Wolf. I’m not even thinking twice about my options.
What would you say is your best attribute?
I’m creative. I’ll say its my best and worst attribute cuz it’s all fun when I’m in my creative space and designing something but it gets me down when I have so many ideas with no means to execute them. Should I also talk about the times I can’t fall asleep because the ideas are all so much in my head? (Thank God for Pinterest tho!)😅
Any useful tips you’d like to share with aspiring bloggers or dreamers?
Just do it!!! Create that blog!!! Don’t overthink it!!!
- I had been thinking about having a blog since the beginning of this year but when I’d do some research on google about domain, web hosting and all that good stuff (I would just doze off with all those technical stuffs) or read other people’s experience or advice, I would just get scared . Until one afternoon, I just picked up my laptop, didn’t even think twice and registered for everything I had to register for and here we are.
- Are you thinking, “OMG, I have nothing to write about, or someone else has already said what I wanted to say”? Don’t. Yes, someone has already said it, yes someone has already worn it. But you haven’t and we wanna hear it from you. We might all be saying the same thing but we are definitely saying it in different voices. Your voice is different and we want to hear it from you. When your voice is heard, you’ll see that you have touched someone’s heart and life with your own views.
If you had an alter ego what would you name him/her
I already have an alter ego. All Things Ayo is my alter ego. I’m living vicariously through my blog.
If you had $1000 what would you splurge on?
My birthday and my sister’s birthday is coming so I’ll go crazy with the birthday celebrations.
More random facts about me!
- I’m a Capricorn.
- I am the second child and I have two gorgeous sisters.
- Halloween is my best holiday.
- I just want to hang out with my friends, having brunch with a glass(or three) of red wine.
- I live for Instagram.
- My guilty pleasure is sewing. It calms me down everytime.
My Nominations go to:
Here are my questions for you:
- What are the things in your life that impress you the most?
- What is the craziest thing you have ever done in your life?
- What is the biggest achievement in your life, you are especially proud of?
- Which characteristic makes you special?
- What item in your life that you can’t live without and why?
- What are three (3) things on your bucket list?
- Any useful tips you’d like to share with aspiring bloggers or dreamers?
- If you had $1000 what would you splurge on?
Here are the rules:
- Thank the person who nominated you, and post a link to their blog on your blog.
- Display the award on your blog — by including it in your post and/or displaying it using a “widget” or a “gadget”. (Note that the best way to do this is to save the image to your own computer and then upload it to your blog post.)
- Answer 11 questions about yourself, which will be provided to you by the person who nominated you. (or however many they posted for you!)
- Provide 10 random facts about yourself. (Optional)
- Nominate 5 – 11 blogs that you feel deserve the award
- Create a new list of questions for the blogger to answer.
- List these rules in your post.
- Inform the people/blogs that you nominated that they have been nominated for the Liebster award and provide a link for them to your post so that they can learn about it (they might not have ever heard of it!)
Thank you again to Lena for selecting me! I had a lot of fun answering the questions (you know when you know these things about yourself but its harder to explain them to someone. These questions really got me thinking) and coming up with my own.